Josh did his best.
Hello loyal readers!
I’ll get right to the point: we’re at a CRITICAL time here at Rock and Tin. Our story is winding down, and the goal is to print the graphic novel with a bunch of extra goodies in it for you. And the hard fact is that where we stand today, it’s unlikely that this comic has enough readership to support a successful book campaign.
Only a certain percentage of readers will want to actually own a book, which means the more readers I have, the better the chance is to publish the book.
Currently, Rock and Tin has something like 200-300 regular readers. The truth is, I’m going to need to sell nearly that many books to be successful. That means we need to attract more readers – and that is hard.
I’m doing my best to promote myself (including purchasing ads this week and next), but I can’t do it alone.
YOU CAN HELP!
The best way for a comic to gain new readers is word of mouth – friends telling friends. Here’s what you can do to help Peto and the MechMagus get to be in print:
– Email or text your friends. Tell them you think they’d enjoy Rock & Tin at www.RockAndTin.com
– Have a blog? Talk about Rock & Tin.
– KNOW someone who has a blog that writes about art/entertainment? Ask them to write about R&T or interview me.
– Have Twitter? Facebook? Instagram? Google+? Reddit? Imgur? Tell your friends.
– See one of my comics in your social network newsfeed? “LIKE” it and “FORWARD” it to your social graph.
– Member of my Facebook page? If not, please join – I only have 188 Likes there, and it’s been hard getting traction.
– Once you have joined by FB page, suggest it to your friends with the suggest feature.
– VOTE for R&T at Top Webcomics – you can do this each time you visit, and it really helps drive new people here.
The hardest thing for a comic to do is to get OUTSIDE it’s small circle of fans. Only YOU can help me do that! If you’re like me, and you feel like Rock and Tin is a story worth telling and reading, please do what you can to help me out.
It’s a LOT of work to present this comic, and to give it away for free. I really appreciate any help you can give in return. THANK YOU!